Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Curves... Not the Right Fit for this Momma



Just after new years I decided I was going to get fit! It wasn't really a resolution, just a need to feel better after baby #2 meant my body didn't snap back the way it did with the first! After much thought I decided to check into Curves as it only takes 30 minutes and there was a location literally 2 min from my house!

The first 2 weeks went so well... but then it began to become increasingly more difficult! It wasn't my dedication to the gym it was time! My husband began having to work increasingly more hours. With no family around I didn't have someone to watch the kiddies for my workout. My Curves was open until 8:30 during the week, until noon on Saturdays and closed on Sunday's! I realized that these hours did not fit my lifestyle at all! I was wasting money and really having no chance to work out enough for the cost.

I really wish that as a gym for women dedicated to fitting our lifestyle that Curves provided some type of childcare. The membership is not a cheap one and for the hours open and lack of childcare just was not a fit for me!

I am hoping that I will be able to find a gym that fits my schedule and needs a little better, it is so hard when things happen that you cannot control. Until then I will strive to do those pilates workouts when my oldest is in school and baby is napping for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment