Monday, April 18, 2011

The Dreaded Grocery Shopping List!


This weekend I took on the task of shopping for two weeks groceries on an exact budget. I planned my meals and then shopped the flyers to plan which stores to head out to for the best deals. With the sky rocketing gas prices you can't shop the deals like you used to, but I did plan to visit stores that were close together to maximize my route. I was so excited when I shopped my list and made my budget. 

I am even more excited that for 2 weeks I have my meals planned and I know that everything I need is in my kitchen! No running out last second or stressing about what to make for dinner... I just choose from my list. I am making sure that I make enough for lunches the next day as well!

It was kind of exciting to create a challenge for myself of a budget and shop to stay within it!

Do you have a grocery budget?? What are your tips for making sure you stick to it??

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea, I'm glad to see it's working out! I have planned to do that so often and always lose the motivation, but I can see when I ever get around to it, it would actually make life so much easier. Great post.

    ReplyDelete